If you’re looking for home improvement supplies at a discount, come to the Habitat for Humanity store, also called the HabitatMCTX ReStore! Additionally, if you want to donate furniture, unused building materials, appliances or household goods to a charity in Montgomery County, TX, the HabitatMCTX ReStore at the Woodforest Center is just the place!
The Habitat ReStore is where physical-item donations are accepted and processed for sale to the public at a discount with all proceeds going toward the mission of Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, TX. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit thrift store your donations are tax deductible.
Habitat Store Hours:
Tuesday – Saturday
9:00am – 5:00pm
9407 State Highway 242
Conroe, TX 77385
1.5 miles East of I-45 on SH 242
The Habitat for Humanity of Montgomery County, TX ReStore at the Woodforest Center is Your Home Improvement Resale Shop!
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
Tuesday – Saturday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
If you love a good bargain, please note:
- The ReStore accepts new and gently used items, and everything available is in working condition unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- New inventory is received daily, so check in early and often to see the newest items.
- If you are looking for something specific, feel free to call to see if it is in stock.
- Click Here for a complete list of accepted donations to see if your needs can be met at the ReStore
Volunteering at the ReStore
Part of the daily needs of the ReStore include volunteers that help shoppers and donors load and unload their purchases and donations. Additionally, displays require maintenance, new inventory needs to be logged and tagged for sale, and occasionally there is a need for additional phone and email support. The ReStore is one of of the places we need volunteers, but there are other parts of the organization the benefit from extra help as well.
Donating to the ReStore
See below for physical-item donation guidelines and requirements.
If you would like to contribute monetarily to HabitatMCTX, Click Here
Accepted Donations and Donation Requirements:
If you are unsure if your items are accepted at the ReStore, Click Here for the Accepted Donation List.
The ReStore makes every effort to accept as many donations as possible, however there are times that a donation may not fulfill the requirements for acceptability. To help you decide if your items meet the requirements, please review the following guidelines and feel free to call if you would like to ask any questions or discuss the state of your donation(s).
Items WILL be accepted…
- in new or gently used condition (No rips, Stains, Discoloration, or Tears)
- in good working condition with no need for repairs or maintenance
- If they do not violate safety codes or recommendations
- If they come in a quantity, condition, or state that can be of use to ReStore customers
Unfortunately, items CANNOT be accepted…
- If they are in poor condition (Holes, Stains, Tears, or generally considered to be worn-out)
- If they need repairs, or are not in good working condition
- If they are out-dated from the latest safety codes or have been recalled (Old Car Seats, Drop-Side Cribs, etc.)
- If there are too few of them to be appealing to ReStore Customers (example: tile – must have 12 or more like pieces, etc.)
Free pick-up of large Items is offered on a scheduled basis. To ensure that you are put on the scheduled route, please call 936.441.5888.
- The ReStore truck makes trips to different parts of the county daily, so please note that it is not always possible to pick-up furniture or building materials the same day.
- You will be notified as to the day your item will be picked-up.
- If you are unable to be present during your pick-up, please ask for the required procedure for leaving your donations in an accessible location for the ReStore crew.
- If you would like a tax receipt for the items donated, please mention it upon scheduling your pick-up.
Donations may be dropped off during normal business hours, which are Tuesday – Saturday from 9:00am – 4:30pm.
- There is a clearly marked designated drop-off area on the east side of the building.
- Please ring the bell for assistance if you do not see someone there upon arrival.