The first step in the Habitat Home Program is to attend an information meeting where you will receive an application to begin the process and where you will have the opportunity to ask any questions you may have regarding the program, eligibility, or process.
You may be eligible for a Habitat home if:
- Your present housing is not adequate and you are unable to obtain adequate housing through other conventional means. Lack of adequate housing may include problems with the present structure; water, electrical, or sewage service systems; heating system; or over-crowding.
- The percentage of your monthly income that you currently spend on housing is evaluated to determine need. You will be required to openly and fully discuss your financial situation with a Habitat volunteer.
- Criminal background checks will be conducted on all adult household members.
- All applicants must undergo a credit check before approval.
- You and your family will be considered if your annual total income is between 30-60% of the median income for Montgomery County.
|Family Size||Minimum Annual Income||Maximum Annual Income (60% Median)|
Homeowner Information Meeting
Please come to our Homeowner Information Meeting to learn more about the program. The next information meeting is held at 10:00 a.m, June 3rd, at Montgomery County Central Library in Conroe. Applications are available at the information meeting.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Home Repair Program
Habitat for Humanity is partnering with First Community Bank to help Montgomery County low-income homeowners get relief from leaky roofs, broken windows, plumbing problems, and other small, critically needed home repairs (yes, Habitat does repair too!). Together, we’re able to offer interest-free loans from $500-$2,500 to homeowners with qualified income up to $48,240/year. Habitat for Humanity ‘s home repair program combines licensed repair professionals, experienced volunteers, and your personal assistance to get the job done efficiently, professionally, and at a price you can afford. It’s the right work at the right price and the right loan to make it possible…right now. If you are interested in applying, please contact Habitat for Humanity atext 102.
Personal Finances with Household Budgeting
Financial Responsibilities and Management for Homeownership
Home Repair and Maintenance
Environmentally Friendly Pest Control and Management
Lawn and Garden Care
Fire and Home Safety
Property Owner’s Association Membership and Expectations
Construction Safety and Best Practices
412w Philips st #125
608 N Loop 336 E
Phone:(936) 539 -1161
301 N Thompson st #203
1600 Lake Front Cir #248
105 W Lewis St
1022 Mccall Ave
31355 Friendship Dr